In 1904, a stonemason, Al Turlock, was contracted to build the first public school building in Hominy.
The stones used in the construction were quarried from the hills west of town.
The building now serves as the administrative offices for the Hominy Public School District.
The Early History of Hominy, Oklahoma
by Joe D. Haines, Jr.
Additional information about how the 1904 School was nearly demolished and eventually saved to be placed on the National Register of Historic Places can be found in the document below.